Episodes

Published on October 29th, 2012 | by Kevin

7

Episode #8: Specters of Silence

The Sounds of Silence

This week we dabble in sound studies to explore tinnitus, a condition that causes phantom sounds for many people. We talk to Kevin’s grandma and Mack Hagood, a PhD candidate at Indiana University’s Department of Culture and Communication.

Hope you enjoy it!

Music

“The Sound” by Maria Minerva (0:00)

“4’33″‘ by BBC Symphony Orchestra (2:00)

“Luggage” by Chapelier Fou (5:24)

“A Sharp” by Joel Styzens (14:03)

“The Cosmonaut” from Another Earth (17:15)

“Listen” by Amos Lee (20:46)

Tags: , , , , , ,

About the Author

7 Responses to Episode #8: Specters of Silence

1. How to add control panel icon on desktop in windows 10,first follow the some simple steps and i think you can do easy recovery control panel.

2. thanks for sharing this valuable information

3. An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I think that you ought to publish more on this subject matter, it might not be a taboo matter but generally people don’t discuss these issues. To the next! Kind regards!!
    Pinoy Tv Lambingan Show

4. After I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same comment. There has to be an easy method you are able to remove me from that service? Kudos!
    Lambingan Tv Show

5. I like your post and also like your website because your website is very fast and everything in this website is good. Keep writing such informative posts. I have bookmark your website. Thanks for sharing
    .

6. Hello first time I visit your website. I open some posts and find quality of work, I also like your website layout. I have bookmark your website and again I will visit your website soon.