This week on 3620, we have the privilege of sharing a work in progre..." /> Episode #61: Serial and the Possibilities of Podcasting – 3620 Podcast

Episodes

Published on April 22nd, 2015 | by Kevin

Episode #61: Serial and the Possibilities of Podcasting

This week on 3620, we have the privilege of sharing a work in progress. Veteran producers and former 3620 hosts Kevin Gotkin and Corrina Laughlin join with new producer Mariam Durrani to have a conversation about the podcast phenomenon known as Serial. But really this episode is about everything that we’re trying to do here at 3620: it’s about sound scholarship, the blurred lines between knowledge production and entertainment in the digital age, affect, voice, and the types of work that new media formats can and cannot accomplish. What you’ll hear is a draft of an audio essay that Kevin, Corrina, and Mariam will be publishing along with a special issue of the journal American Anthropologist, which is truly an incredible feat. Take a listen, I think you’re gonna like it.

Tags: , , , , , ,

About the Author

17 Responses to Episode #61: Serial and the Possibilities of Podcasting

1. Isabella says:

Podcasters prefer Koenig don’t think as such, obviously. What they do—regardless of whether it’s 15 minutes or a whole hour committed to a solitary story—is essentially well-announced, account reporting. No doubt about it, however, Serial is unique. The convoluted story of Adnan Syed is a solitary, multi-faceted story that is told through the span of 12 weeks, like accounts we’ve seen fictionalized on TV for a considerable length of time. In the event that that is such an extraordinary method to recount to a story, for what reason is Serial apparently the first digital broadcast to do it? By: Uk Essay Writers.

2. luna Smith says:

I think I’m not a pod caster myself, but I’d imagine the most important thing you souls do is route your feed via feed burner. That way you can experiment with different services and setups, but not loose your audience because Essay help
    you’re always using the Feed burner address.

3. Assignment Help is firm that provide quality with satisfaction.

4. Allister Allen says:

thanks for sharing this amazing post I really love it.
    Essay Writer

5. AssignmentHelp Australia says:

Assignment Help

6. Essay Writer Canada says:

I would like to say thanks, this post has impressive information keep it up.
    Essay Writer

7. animefeed says:

I really like reading through an article that can make people think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!.

8. Watch now says:

OMG! That podcast was sensational, you really do very well, since I heard you I got hooked on the world of radio, really it is sensational, keep it up, when will the next episode come out?

9. tá leideanna na ndaoine sin as feidhm cheana féin, ní mór dúinn iarracht a dhéanamh cinn nua a dhéanamh

10. I added it to my top picks blog webpage list and will be returning soon. If it’s not too much trouble look at my site too and let me comprehend what you think. mp3 juice

11. Mp3 Download says:

Thanks for this wonderful blog guys, I enjoy every piece of it

12. Naija songs says:

added it to my top picks blog webpage list and will be returning soon. If it’s not too much trouble look at my site too and let me comprehend Latest joeboy songs 2020, albums zip mp3 download

13. This is quality work, we are the professional writing service and we aid students at suitable price.
    Latest Naira Marley songs 2020, albums zip, mp3 download

14. added it to my top picks blog webpage list and will be returning soon. If it’s not too much trouble look at my site too and let me comprehend what you think. Best laptops for video editing 2020

15. Mp3 download says:

added it to my top picks blog webpage list and will be returning soon. If it’s not too much trouble look at my site too and let me comprehend what you think. download album zip

16. Songs lyrics says:

you’re always using the Feed burner address.
    Latest Childish Gambino 2020, albums zip, mp3 download